Reflections

Reflections
California Mission

Monday, July 19, 2010

Mother of the Bride





















I recently went through the fun and frantic time of assisting in the planning and execution of my oldest daughter's wedding. I was mainly the dress and flower person.

The week before the wedding I went to San Francisco to help by completing any thing left on either the list of the bride or the groom. That included picking up the dress and transporting 11 cases of wine to the little town of Mill Valley where the reception took place. I decided that what-ever my daughter had planned for this weekend, her sister and I would be there, sharing in the moment. This included hair, makeup, mani/pedi and an early morning yoga class for the wedding day.


The experience was certainly one of joy. My daughter has married a great guy that has a wonderful family and we plan to share many happy times together as a blended family.

I once read where Joann Newman (actress and wife of Paul) said that she grew a little jealous of her daughters
as she grew older and they grew up. I on the other hand have always been thrilled with seeing my girls grow and mature and am relishing every milestone of their lives.

All that said, I believe that having the mind set that I would enjoy this event certainly helped me have the right attitude and to enjoy the day and everything that it came with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment